This weekend at the N.C Museum of History it was a celebration on life, music and culture at the African American Cultural Festival. Drums, singing and dancing echoed in the halls as many got in touch with their African roots. It was a day with more than 75 presenters with displays featuring quilts, dolls, hand carved pipes, cooking healthy and performances by award-winning authors, storytellers, dancers, playwrights, re-enactors. It was fun and educational for the entire family.
- Black Twitter-Approved: The 25 Best Reactions To ‘Whitney’
- Tom Joyner Morning Show Recap
- Editor’s Pick: 7 Beauty Products You Should Buy To Upgrade Your Makeup Bag
- ‘Ask Congress For Two Years At HBCU’s, Not Just Community Colleges’ – Johnny Taylor, Thurgood Marshall Fund
- 100 Years Of Black Beauty In Under A Minute [VIDEO]
- The Myths of Manhood