Detectives found a white powdery substances and a spoon with white residue in the hotel room where Whitney Houston died.
According to sources, the superstar had cocaine throughout her system when she died. A spoon with a white crystal like substance in it, a rolled up piece of white paper from off the top of a counter along the east wall of the bathroom were found. The powdery like substance was not identified as cocaine, however, the drug was found in toxicology tests in Houston’s heart and extremities. It’s not known how recent Houston may have used the drug, but the investigation is still open.
Houston had been complaining of a sore throat for a few days before her death. On Feb. 11, her assistant suggested the singer take a bath. When the assistant returned from running errands, she found Houston facedown in the bathtub, and with the help of a bodyguard, she pulled Houston out and then called 911.
The Grammy-winning singer died Feb. 11 after drowning in a bathtub at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Her death has been ruled as accidental and coroner’s officials cited heart disease and cocaine use as the contributing factors.