In a recent interview, Stephanie Mills said older singer’s thirst for attention can lead to bad choices like the ones made by Brian McKnight and Erykah Badu; Mills called McKnight’s sexually explicit lyrics disrespectful and feels they take away from the classy things he’s done; when Erykah Badu took off her clothes and walked through the street in her video, “it wasn’t necessary”. The shock value doesn’t always work black artists like it does for white artists.
- Tom Joyner Morning Show Recap
- ‘I Felt Guilty About Not Feeling Guilty’, Renee Bracey Sherman Wants Women To #ShoutYourAbortion Talks Stigma Of Black Women’s Sexuality
- Angie Stone Is Back With New Music, Talks Assault Against Daughter & Bishop Jakes’ Message To Them
- Think Big: Here’s The Best Advice From Some Of The Richest Black People In The World
- Next at Club Ego Register to Win
- So This Happened: 12-Year-Old Black Student Suspended For Staring At White Classmate