In a recent interview, Stephanie Mills said older singer’s thirst for attention can lead to bad choices like the ones made by Brian McKnight and Erykah Badu; Mills called McKnight’s sexually explicit lyrics disrespectful and feels they take away from the classy things he’s done; when Erykah Badu took off her clothes and walked through the street in her video, “it wasn’t necessary”. The shock value doesn’t always work black artists like it does for white artists.
- Chrisette Michele Talks ‘That Reality Show’, New Album, Starting New Label
- Tom Joyner Morning Show Recap
- Hey Teachers! What If You Got Drafted And Paid Like Athletes? This Is How It Would Be
- Two Cincinnati Cops In DuBose Shooting Were Sued In Earlier Death Of Unarmed Black Man
- Watch-Lauryn Hill's Tribute to Nina Simone
- Our Presidential Candidates Are Outraged Over Cecil The Lion, But Not Black Lives