On Saturday, the N.C. Museum of History held its 12th annual celebration honoring the 150th anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation. The African-American Cultural Celebration included over 75 musicians, storytellers, dancers, historians, playwrights, authors, artists, reenactments, chefs, teachers and scholars. The day featured performances of African rhythm and dance by Aya Shabu to the R&B, pop, blues and boogie-woogie sounds of the Vibe Band. It was educational and fun.
- Jesse Williams & Wife Aryn Drake-Lee Expecting Second Child
- Erica Campbell and Friends HELP 2.0 Tour: A One VIP Concert
- Tom Joyner Morning Show Recap
- Le Sigh. Clarence Thomas Brings Up Slavery In Dissenting Same Sex Marriage Supreme Court Decision
- Justice Or Else: Louis Farrakhan To Revive Million Man March On Its 20th Anniversary
- President Obama’s Moving Eulogy Underscores What Will Be His Lasting Legacy [VIDEO]