Six executives with extensive experience in media and business communication will explore “The Business of Media” at North Carolina Central University in the next installment of the NCCU School of Business Dean’s Global Speaker Series. The discussion will take place on Wednesday, Feb. 27, starting at 5:15 p.m. in B.N. Duke Auditorium. The featured speakers are:
- Steve Hammel, vice president and general manager of WRAL-TV, Raleigh.
- Luke Lambert, CEO of Gibbs & Soell Public Relations, Raleigh.
- Joan Lebow, vice president of communications at Wireless Generation, a New York-based provider of education software.
- Pamela Meek, senior director of corporate communications at SAS, Cary.
- Sougata Mukherjee, editor of the Triangle Business Journal.
- Emma Battle, president of Three Ships Media, Raleigh. She will serve as moderator.
The Global Speaker Series, established in 2012 by NCCU School of Business Dean D. Keith Pigues, is an outgrowth of university’s 2020 Strategic Plan and aims to increase retention and graduation rates, enhance academic distinctiveness and foster community engagement. Each Speaker Series forum includes roundtables and provides opportunities before and afterward for students to interact with leading business professionals and entrepreneurs.
Those planning to attend are requested to RSVP at http://web.nccu.edu/business/globalSpeakerSeries/or 919-530-6458.