There’s been a lot of criticism of Zoe Saldana having been selected to play the lead in the movie of the life of singer Nina Simone. Some say she’s not “Black” enough; not black enough because she’s latina and black or because Saldana has put on makeup to darken her skin for the role? “I’m playing this role, I don’t care about the criticism. I don’t care who says I’m not this or I’m not that. I know who I am and I know what Nina Simone means to me. I’m doing this out of love for Nina, my people and my pride in being a Black woman, a Latina woman and an American woman”.
- Beyond #OscarsSoWhite, Seeing The “Bigger Picture”
- NAACP Image Awards
- Tom Joyner Morning Show Recap
- ‘Ask Congress For Two Years At HBCU’s, Not Just Community Colleges’ – Johnny Taylor, Thurgood Marshall Fund
- Women's Empowerment 2015 Vendor Application
- Mean Mugging: Kanye West Explains Why He Almost Never Smiles In Public