There’s been a lot of criticism of Zoe Saldana having been selected to play the lead in the movie of the life of singer Nina Simone. Some say she’s not “Black” enough; not black enough because she’s latina and black or because Saldana has put on makeup to darken her skin for the role? “I’m playing this role, I don’t care about the criticism. I don’t care who says I’m not this or I’m not that. I know who I am and I know what Nina Simone means to me. I’m doing this out of love for Nina, my people and my pride in being a Black woman, a Latina woman and an American woman”.
- Tom Joyner Morning Show Recap
- FIRST LOOK: Will Olivia Pope Finally Settle Down with Fitz In ‘Scandal’ Season 5? [VIDEO]
- Moms’ Night Out: Kandi Burruss Does Karaoke With Yandy Smith & You Must Witness It!
- Earth, Wind & Fire Collaborate With Chicago On Heart & Soul Tour
- ‘The Only Proof That They’re Offering Is That They’ve Been In His Company’ – Bill Cosby’s Lawyer Monique Pressley Tell All