was fired Friday afternoon by the Paula Deen over her use of the word “ni**ers” and her plantation fantasy of planning a wedding reception with Black men serving food dressed as Antebellum slaves, reports the Food Network L.A. Times.
The Food Network released a brief statement: “Food Network will not renew Paula Deen’s contract when it expires at the end of this month.”
RELATED: Chef Paula Deen Hid Diabetes While Pushing High-Fat Food On TV
Deen was supposed to make an appearance on the ‘Today’ show Friday morning and have a no holds barred interview with Matt Lauer, but she cancelled at the last minute.
As previously reported by NewsOne, Deen posted a rambling apology on YouTube that was posted and reposted throughout the day.
See it below:
Deen’s personal brand includes “spices, cookie mixes, pots and pans, kitchenwear, cruise line appearances and even a new line of flavored butters,” reports the Times.
#BlackTwitter continues to mock Deen with the hilarious hashtag #
Also On Foxy 107.1-104.3:
10 photos Launch gallery
1. 9 “Kanyeisms” We Are Going To Immediately Incorporate Into Our Daily Speech
1 of 10
2. “I am Warhol. I am the #1 most impactful artist of our generation. I am Shakespeare in the flesh.Walt Disney. Nike. Google.”
2 of 10
3. “I am your OG and will be respected as such”
3 of 10
4. “You have distracted from my creative process”
4 of 10
5. “Ima let you finish….”
5 of 10
6. [We] brought the leather jogging pants six years ago to Fendi, and they said no. How many mother*ckers you done seen with a leather jogging pant?”
6 of 10
7. “How Sway? You ain’t got the answers Sway!”
7 of 10
8. “Am I in fashion?? You see this coat?”
8 of 10
9. “I went to look at your twitter and you were wearing cool pants”
9 of 10
10. “I hate when I’m on a flight and I wake up with a water bottle next to me like oh great now I gotta be responsible for this water bottle.”
10 of 10