Yesterday, President Obama made an unscheduled appearance in the press room. His comments were unscripted and straight from the heart explaining why African-Americans were upset about last week’s acquittal of George Zimmerman in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin. Social media was in overdrive Friday with people both praising and questioning the president’s move. Martin’s parents released a statement following the remarks, saying, “President Obama sees himself in Trayvon and identifies with him. This is a beautiful tribute to our boy.” What are your thoughts?
- POP OFF! 15 Of President Obama’s Realest Moments
- Tom Joyner Morning Show Recap
- “97 Percent Of Blacks Are Killed By Blacks:” Trump Tweets Racist & Absurdly Inaccurate Murder Stats
- A Little Positivity: White House Invites Homeless Choir To Holiday Party
- Keke Wyatt Debuts New Single ‘Sexy Song’, Giving Birth To Baby #8 & More
- American Music Awards Red Carpet Rundown [PHOTOS]