Yesterday, President Obama made an unscheduled appearance in the press room. His comments were unscripted and straight from the heart explaining why African-Americans were upset about last week’s acquittal of George Zimmerman in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin. Social media was in overdrive Friday with people both praising and questioning the president’s move. Martin’s parents released a statement following the remarks, saying, “President Obama sees himself in Trayvon and identifies with him. This is a beautiful tribute to our boy.” What are your thoughts?
- Beyond #OscarsSoWhite, Seeing The “Bigger Picture”
- NAACP Image Awards
- Tom Joyner Morning Show Recap
- ‘Ask Congress For Two Years At HBCU’s, Not Just Community Colleges’ – Johnny Taylor, Thurgood Marshall Fund
- Women's Empowerment 2015 Vendor Application
- Mean Mugging: Kanye West Explains Why He Almost Never Smiles In Public