Yesterday, President Obama made an unscheduled appearance in the press room. His comments were unscripted and straight from the heart explaining why African-Americans were upset about last week’s acquittal of George Zimmerman in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin. Social media was in overdrive Friday with people both praising and questioning the president’s move. Martin’s parents released a statement following the remarks, saying, “President Obama sees himself in Trayvon and identifies with him. This is a beautiful tribute to our boy.” What are your thoughts?
- Chrisette Michele Talks ‘That Reality Show’, New Album, Starting New Label
- Tom Joyner Morning Show Recap
- Hey Teachers! What If You Got Drafted And Paid Like Athletes? This Is How It Would Be
- Two Cincinnati Cops In DuBose Shooting Were Sued In Earlier Death Of Unarmed Black Man
- Watch-Lauryn Hill's Tribute to Nina Simone
- Our Presidential Candidates Are Outraged Over Cecil The Lion, But Not Black Lives