Yesterday, President Obama made an unscheduled appearance in the press room. His comments were unscripted and straight from the heart explaining why African-Americans were upset about last week’s acquittal of George Zimmerman in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin. Social media was in overdrive Friday with people both praising and questioning the president’s move. Martin’s parents released a statement following the remarks, saying, “President Obama sees himself in Trayvon and identifies with him. This is a beautiful tribute to our boy.” What are your thoughts?
- Tom Joyner Morning Show Recap
- ‘I Felt Guilty About Not Feeling Guilty’, Renee Bracey Sherman Wants Women To #ShoutYourAbortion Talks Stigma Of Black Women’s Sexuality
- Angie Stone Is Back With New Music, Talks Assault Against Daughter & Bishop Jakes’ Message To Them
- Think Big: Here’s The Best Advice From Some Of The Richest Black People In The World
- Next at Club Ego Register to Win
- So This Happened: 12-Year-Old Black Student Suspended For Staring At White Classmate