Former Temptations singer Richard Street has died at aged 70. He died on Wednesday at St. Rose Dominican Hospital in Las Vegas after suffering a clot in a lung.
Street was the second ex-member of the versatile Motown band to die this month after Otis “Damon” Harris passed away last week.
Street sang as a young man with Temptations members Otis Williams and Melvin Franklin. He later joined the band in the early 1970s and continued for more than 20 years before pursuing a solo career.
During his tenure with the Temptations, they released a string of hits including the 1972 chart-topping classic “Papa Was a Rollin’ Stone” and “Masterpiece” released the following year.
Street is survived by his wife and four children.
Also On Foxy 107.1-104.3:
9 “Kanyeisms” We Are Going To Immediately Incorporate Into Our Daily Speech (And When To Use Them)
10 photos Launch gallery
1. 9 “Kanyeisms” We Are Going To Immediately Incorporate Into Our Daily Speech
1 of 10
2. “I am Warhol. I am the #1 most impactful artist of our generation. I am Shakespeare in the flesh.Walt Disney. Nike. Google.”
2 of 10
3. “I am your OG and will be respected as such”
3 of 10
4. “You have distracted from my creative process”
4 of 10
5. “Ima let you finish….”
5 of 10
6. [We] brought the leather jogging pants six years ago to Fendi, and they said no. How many mother*ckers you done seen with a leather jogging pant?”
6 of 10
7. “How Sway? You ain’t got the answers Sway!”
7 of 10
8. “Am I in fashion?? You see this coat?”
8 of 10
9. “I went to look at your twitter and you were wearing cool pants”
9 of 10
10. “I hate when I’m on a flight and I wake up with a water bottle next to me like oh great now I gotta be responsible for this water bottle.”
10 of 10