On Saturday, August 3, poets are invited showcase their talent at the Poetry Open Mic Night sponsored by Durham Parks and Recreation. The event will be held at from 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. at W.D. Hill Recreation Center (1308 Fayetteville Street).
All poets are welcome to participate but must arrive no later than 3 p.m. to sign up. Poets can use all styles to recite their work including having accompanying music and/or dancers. Profanity or inappropriate topics are prohibited. The event is free and open to the public.
For more information, call (919) 560-4292.
‘Fruitvale Station’ New York City Premiere
1. Octavia Spencer and Michael B. Jordan1 of 10
2. Octavia Spencer2 of 10
3. Debra Lee3 of 10
4. Octavia Spencer and Michael B. Jordan4 of 10
5. Melonie Diaz5 of 10
6. Patina Miller Pippin6 of 10
7. Octavia Spencer, Michael B. Jordan and Debra Lee7 of 10
8. Ryan Coogler8 of 10
9. Octavia Spencer, Ryan Coogler, Michael B. Jordan and Melonie Diaz9 of 10
10. Candice Bergen10 of 10